- Two models: One with a Canon EF mount, the other PL
- 8.3 megapixel 2160–3840 Super-35 CMOS sensor (4K resolution) with Digic DV III processor—enough pixels for 4:4:4 RGB
- Canon XF codec (50Mbps 4:2:2 1080p30 MPEG2 MXF), records to two Compact Flash card slots
- Canon “C-Log” gamma
- SDI out
- Presets and menus similar to Canon XF series
- Exposure and focus control are completely manual—no AE or AF
- Sold as a system, including LCD monitor/XLR audio unit, side grip, top handle, battery & charger
- Availability: Jan. 2012
- Street price: approximately $16,000 USD (Canon mount version)
Vincent Laforet shot a film with it called Mobius, and his first blog post about it is up now.
Here’s the film, and the behind the scenes.
I contributed a few key VFX shots to the film and therefore got to live with the footage up close for days. I’ll have more to say later about this camera and Red’s 10-minutes-nigh announcement, but for now just know that the C300’s footage looks terrific. Great dynamic range, low noise, and a nice, clean image.